Hey guys! We just listed this Sa-weet condo in the Gourmet Ghetto – 1828 Delaware Unit 2. We held it open on Thursday and the feedback was great! Located in a quaint, 4-unit building this condo boasts privacy, community, creativity, and convenience. What is so special about this great condo is the yard…the PRIVATE yard. Yes! Deck, garden, roses, redwood trees, passion flowers, side yard…all belong to Unit 2 and ONLY Unit 2! In addition, there is a detached storage shed WITH laundry, also exclusive to Unit 2! And assigned OFF STREET PARKING!
W H U T ?
This unit is really special.
So here is the deal. People are quite surprised at the list price per/sq foot. But let me put things into perspective. We realize that the list price/sqft is $914. But did you know that…
- 3015 College Ave Unit#4 is listed at $1046/sqft
- 2639 Etna in Berkeley sold for $946/sqft
- 2821 Cherry in Berkeley sold for $1033/sqft
- 2219 Acton in Berkeley just closed for $1084/sqft
- The current median list price/sqft in San Francisco is $965/sqft (it was $832 previously)
- Current median price/sqft in Berkeley under 1000sf is $762/sqft
- 1027 Grayson #3 in Berkeley sold for $920/sqft
- 815 Santa Fe in Albany just sold for $985/sqft
- 2141 Oregon Unit#2 in Berkeley is a 2 bed and sold recently for $725k
- 2603 Benvenue Unit #4 in Berkeley is a 2 bed that sold for $735k
- 1020 Jones Unit A in Berkeley is a 2 bed condo and sold for $715k
- There is a condo in San Francisco that sold recently for $2799/sqft
- In NYC you can expect to pay $1628/sqft so Berkeley is a bargain!
My point is that with sales prices increasing, the price/sqft will also increase.
A 2 bedroom house in Berkeley could cost you: $1.2mil (Russell), $1.02mil (Oxford), $962k (Cornell), or $800k (Gilman). Seems to me that this is actually a great price to be able to land a 2 bedroom WITH a yard in the Gourmet Ghetto!
Close to Trader Joe’s, Chez Panisse, Monterey Market, North Berkeley BART, Totland,Solano Ave shops and restaurants, Cheeseboard Pizza, UC Berkeley, Downtown Berkeley, Live Oak Park, Andronico’s, and so much more!
–Krista Miller & Rosie Papazian